How to register your school.
Please contact Melanie Van Latum at [email protected] with questions. There is no fee to enter.
Requirements/deadlines for being an Alievo artist.
• One team per school will be chosen.
• Each team member must currently attend a Clark County High School (as of September 2020).
• Maximum 4 students per team
• Artwork must adhere to the following:
• a) Must be drawn using pastels (pastel pencils, soft pastels, hard pastels only).
• b) Art work must be square, 20” x 20” (inches) completed edge to edge.
• c) Must be a hand-done creation by one or all team members.
• d) Each entry must be an original work and cannot violate U.S. Copyright Laws.
• e) A fully completed application form must be attached to each entry including each team member.
• f) Artwork must be submitted to the Via Las Vegas office by Friday, May 30th, 2020.
• g) Artist agree to be photographed by festival photographer and public during event.
There is no limit on the number of students or schools that can apply. Participating teams will be chosen and notified by August 17th, 2020. Artwork will be returned at event closing.
Student Teams will check in at Artist tent morning of day 1 for supplies and meal tickets. They must be on site and working both days of the event to create their winning design on the Tivoli Cobblestones along side Professional Artists and Muralists. Team squares will be 10 x 10 feet.
A Teacher or Parent must attend Via Las Vegas with their student team.
Completed High School Street Paintings will be judged by a team of Professional Artists and Festival Officials mid day on Sunday, September 20th.
Scholarships will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place student teams at festival closing.